čtvrtek 7. srpna 2014

Polka dot summer dress


Hi everyone,

so, another dress, another rip-off :D Today I tried to make something similar to one of the Grandmasoriginals designs (I should seriously work on my imagination and come with a design of my own, I know :D) BUT. Although I think my sewing "technique" got somewhat better as I am no longer afraid the dress will fall apart at the slightest touch, I also made several mistakes. First, the width of the skirt is obviously too much and this time I can't hide it behind the "gala feel" (notice how the dresses are dragging behind the figures like a slime? yeah, that ), so something needs to be done about that. Second, the fastening is nowhere near the middle and lastly, yeah, the square part was meant to be sewn between the skirt and the chest belt. I was not satisfied with the outcome, but the longer I look at it, the less horrible the dress looks to me. Or maybe I'm just getting short-sighted  :D

Anyway, here's a picture of the dress (on a second look, it looks kinda like an apron? idk):



This time there's no Eleanor, sadly. The dress didn't fit her as her curls are too fancy for this light summer dress. So, meet our new model, the Chantilly Cat Olli Klein! This dress was much welcome by her as the one she came with was too large (we switched the Chantilly Cat mother and father because the mother was eerily large compared to the father :D now she has enormous feet due to this switch, but what can you do). 


Luckily, you can't see those huge feet under the dress :D




Anyway, thanks for looking and if you have any sewing tips I'd be glad to hear them! :)

Tiny Lady

2 komentáře:

  1. It's soooo cute! :D I think it's really well done, cause it's an complicated pattern. I'm sometimes sewing clothes for my Sylvanians (you might have seen them on my blog), but I'm always not fully pleased with them. I'm better in sewing clothes for humans :D. By the way I like the way you secured the fabric from frazzeling - it looks very well done :)

    OdpovědětVymazat
  2. This dress is adorable and very well made. It is very difficult to make dresses, I am learning to 'gather' skirts at the moment... I made some dresses (they are also on my blog) but the skirts don't flow properly :-( I quite like the wide skirt style on Mrs Chantilly :-D

    OdpovědětVymazat